Brief feedback from the meeting (detailed feedback will follow soon).
- BEMAWU’s understanding of the Salary Anomaly Phase 2 project and the SABC’s understanding fundamentally differed.
- We understood it to be an organisational wide process to bring all employees not on midpoint to midpoint. This is the feedback we expected.
- Instead we were met by a presentation in respect of Job Profiles, Job Families, grades, etc
- We insisted we want the employees not on mid point to be moved to midpoint.
- The SABC agreed if there are any members (excluding employees on development plans, ex-freelancers who has been converted to permanent and the 69 + 29 employees who are part of the technical review process (a process BEMAWU has never agreed to, but we await the outcome of same) who is not on midpoint at this point in time, those employees will be addressed as a matter of urgency.
We have received a number of submissions from members, who has used the midpoint checker and established they are not on midpoint. If you have checked your basic monthly salary via the midpoint checker and you are below midpoint, and you have not submitted your information, please do so as a matter of urgency.
According to management the midpoint process has started also for middle management.
We have been given the assurance the process of job profiling, career development and what goes with it is aimed at addressed the issue (in terms of equity) of members who have been with the SABC for many years. The process is also aimed at rewarding such employees by recognising seniority, years of service, expertise, etc.
UPDATE TO FOLLOW.
23 September 2016