On Friday, 13 July 2018 the SABC met with BEMAWU in continuation of the salary negotiations between the parties.
The SABC tabled a revised offer, and as follows:
- A multi-term agreement for three (3) years,
- 2018/19 – 4.5% ATB increase backdated to 1 April 2018,
- 2019/20 – CPI increase capped at 6%,
- 2020/21 – CPI increase capped at 6%,
- Agreement to consult on TGRP (Total Guaranteed Remuneration Package) also known as TCOE (Total Cost of Employment) or TCTC (Total Cost to Company) with the intention to convert the Bargaining Unit,
- All substantive issues raised being dealt with by collaborative task teams, with no guarantee of any agreement on these issues – in other words, no benefit now or maybe ever for employees in respect of the substantive issues raised.